Fluorescent Night Dives are special. Even a familiar site looks different at night. When you dive during the day, you normally scan the entire dive site looking at your surroundings. At night, you see only the area of the dive site that is lit by your light. Night Diving forces you to slow down and concentrate on that one area.
Now add the glowing of a fluorescent light! You can see even more sea life, because particles that have a particular protein become much more colorful and glow.
Here's why you should drop everything and try Fluorescent Night Diving.
Fluorescence is the physical effect shown by some materials to absorb light of high energy and re-emit light of lower energy. In other words, corals and animals absorb the light from your special dive light and glow back at you.
- Everything Glows! Vibrant and psychedelic. The colors are unlike anything you’ve seen in the daylight.
- Night Diving is Awesome. Do we need to say more? The underwater world is transformed when the sun goes down.
- Underwater Photography – The otherworldly glow of the reef is a spectacular sight for underwater photographers – just make sure you also have the correct filters for your camera gear.
- Because Science – shining a blue light of the correct wavelength makes proteins in objects reflect at different vibrations and catching those vibrations with a yellow filter all while breathing underwater is rad.
- Try Something New – As scuba divers we are always learning more about the underwater world, this is a new way to experience your favorite reef sites in a different light
Dive into another world with psychedelic colors, fluorescent corals and glowing sea life.What are you waiting for? Book a Fluorescent Night Dive now with Mexico Divers.
Now Let’s Add Some Glow in the Dark Magic